All services are currently offered online using a HIPAA compliant secure video platform. I expect to be providing therapy via Telehealth ONLY, at least through the end of 2023. I offer Individual Therapy through integrative therapeutic approaches and a deeply honoring and collaborative space to support your healing goals. Our meetings will typically occur weekly or every other week and depending on your needs. Our time working together may involve only a few sessions, last several months to a year or many years. The amount of time spent in therapy depends on your needs and personal goals. Please see Approaches to understand more about what I offer.
Please Note: I am only able to offer telehealth therapy to people who live in and are physically present in the state of Washington, per my license. Please contact me if you are interested in telehealth therapy, as there are additional privacy and policy forms to review and sign.
I only accept private pay. I do not accept insurance at this time. You are responsible for any and all charges incurred in our work together. I will keep your credit card on file and it will be charged at the end of each session. I utilize two HIPAA compliant payment systems, Stripe by Simple Practice and Ivy Pay. My fees are as follows:
Initial Assessment (75 min): the intake & initial assessment fee is $170
Individual Psychotherapy (50min): $140 per session
Individual Psychotherapy - Extended Session (90 min): $190 per session
It is important to me to try to make my therapy services as accessible as possible. I maintain a limited number of reduced fee spots in my practice. I also offer a reduced fee for therapy through Open Path Collective. By offering a reduced fee it is my intention to provide options for people who are uninsured, whose insurance does not cover mental health, people who do not meet the clinical criteria for reimbursement through their insurance, or people who would otherwise not be able to access private therapy services that offer the specialties and modalities that I offer. If you would like more information about my reduce fee, current openings, and how to qualify, please contact me directly to discuss.
Out of Network Reimbursement
Depending on your provider some insurance companies will reimburse you for your psychotherapy services from therapists who are out of network (do not accept their insurance plan). I can provide you with a Superbill (a detailed receipt of services and must include a diagnosis) for an out of network insurance claim. Please contact your insurance provider to verify if and how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services out of network. I recommend calling and asking your insurance provider the following questions to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- Will my health insurance plan reimburse out of network? If so, how much and what is the process for reimbursement?
Other things to consider for submitting a Superbill for reimbursement
- If you are submitting a Superbill to insurance you will be charged my standard fee of $150, due at the time of service.
- I cannot offer reduce rates for people submitting Superbills to their insurance. If you are unable to pay my standard fee of $150, I encourage you to find a provider that is in network with your insurance. (You may request a reduced fee in lieu of insurance reimbursement, however my ability to offer you a reduced fee will depend on availability).
- Please be aware that health insurance companies require that I diagnose you with a mental health condition before they will agree to pay a reimbursement. Many conditions for which people seek counseling do not qualify for reimbursement. If a mental health diagnosis is made it becomes a permanent record of your insurance. If a mental health diagnosis is appropriate in your case, I will inform you of the diagnosis and what that means for you.
To cancel a scheduled session, a minimum of 24-hours in advance of your session is required. If prior and timely notification is not given, you will be charged $60 for the missed session.
Free 20 minute consultation It is important to have an initial phone consultation before deciding to work together. I want to make sure you have an understanding of what I am and am not able to offer in terms of services, what to expect from therapy with me, to discuss your initial therapy goals, to answer any questions you may have and to ultimately help us both make a decision about best fit. Call or email to schedule your free 20 minute phone consultation.
New Client Intake - Initial session Our first session will be 75 minutes. The focus is on getting to know one another, identifying your therapeutic goals based on past and present concerns, and going over and completing paperwork. You will be asked to complete and sign all intake documents prior to our meeting. We will also set up your payment process and discuss ongoing scheduling.
Appointment request Once you are an established client, you will be able to schedule your regular appointments through the Secure Client Portal. For extended therapy sessions, short therapy session, group therapy sessions, or all other appointments with me, you will need to contact me via phone or email to schedule. Please note if you do not schedule a standing time with me, available times are first come, first serve.