All services are currently offered online using a secure HIPAA compliant video platform. I only provide therapy via Telehealth at this time. Individual Therapy appointments are 55 min. long. I offer integrative therapeutic approaches within a deeply honoring and collaborative space to support your therapeutic and healing goals. Our meetings will typically occur weekly or every other week and depend on your needs and my clinical judgement. Our time working together may involve only a few sessions, last several months to a year, or many years. The amount of time spent in therapy depends on your needs and personal goals. Please see Approaches to understand more about what I offer.
Please Note: I am only able to offer Telehealth therapy to people who live in AND are physically present in the state of Washington, per my license.
I only accept private pay. I am not in network with or accept any insurance. I can provide you with a Superbill as an Out-of-Network provider. You are responsible for any and all charges incurred in our work together. I will keep your credit card on file and it will be charged at the end of each session. I utilize two HIPAA compliant payment systems, Stripe by Simple Practice and Ivy Pay. My fees are as follows:
Initial Intake & Assessment (75 min): the intake & initial assessment fee is $150
Individual Psychotherapy (50 min): $130 per session
Extended Individual Psychotherapy Sessions (75 min): $150 per session
It is important to me to try to make my therapy services accessible to those that do not have access to insurance and have other factors that make it difficult to pay my full fee. I maintain a limited number of reduced rate spots in my practice. I also hold a limited number of reduced fee spots to members of Open Path Psychotherapy Collective. By offering a reduced rate it is my intention to provide this option ONLY for people who are uninsured, whose insurance does not cover mental health, people who do not meet the clinical criteria for reimbursement through their insurance, or people who would otherwise not be able to access private therapy services. If you would like more information about my reduce rate, current openings, and how to qualify, please contact me directly to discuss.
Out of Network Reimbursement
Depending on your provider some insurance companies will reimburse you for your psychotherapy services from therapists who are out of network (do not accept their insurance plan). I can provide you with a Superbill (a detailed receipt of services and must include a diagnosis) for an out of network insurance claim. Please contact your insurance provider to verify if and how your plan compensates you for psychotherapy services out of network. I recommend calling and asking your insurance provider the following questions to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental/behavioral health services AND cover Out of Network (OON) providers?
- What is the reimbursement rate for OON providers and the CPT code 90837-95 (the code for a standard Telehealth therapy session)?
- How many sessions does my plan cover for OON mental/behavioral health providers? (Is it unlimited or is there a max?)
- How long will it take to be reimbursed for my claims?
- Do I have an OON deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it this year?
- Will my OON sessions be applied to a separate OON deductible?
- Is approval requited from my primary care physician in order for mental/behavioral health services to be covered?
Other things to consider for submitting a Superbill for reimbursement
- If you are submitting a Superbill to insurance you will be charged my standard fee of $130, due at the time of service.
- I cannot offer reduce rates for people who have access to insurance. If you are unable to pay my standard fee of $130, I encourage you to find a provider that is in network with your insurance. (You may request a reduced fee in lieu of insurance reimbursement, however my ability to offer you a reduced fee will depend on availability).
- Medicaid will NOT reimburse for out-of-network providers.
- Please be aware that health insurance companies require that I diagnose you with a mental health condition before they will agree to pay a reimbursement. Many conditions for which people seek counseling do not qualify for reimbursement. If a mental health diagnosis is made it becomes a permanent record of your insurance. If a mental health diagnosis is appropriate in your case, I will inform you of the diagnosis and what that means for you.
To cancel a scheduled session, a minimum of 24-hours in advance of your session is required. If prior and timely notification is not given, you will be charged $60 for the missed session.
Free 20 minute consultation It is important to have an initial phone consultation before deciding to work together. I want to make sure you have an understanding of what I am and am not able to offer in terms of services, what to expect from therapy with me, to discuss your initial therapy goals, to answer any questions you may have and to ultimately help us both make a decision about best fit. Call or email to schedule your free 20 minute phone consultation.
New Client Intake - Initial session Our first session will be 75 minutes. The focus is on getting to know one another, identifying your therapeutic goals based on past and present concerns, and going over and completing paperwork. You will be asked to complete and sign all intake documents prior to our meeting. We will also set up your payment process and discuss ongoing scheduling.
Appointment request Once you are an established client, you will be able to schedule your regular appointments through the Secure Client Portal. For extended therapy sessions, short therapy session, group therapy sessions, or all other appointments with me, you will need to contact me via phone or email to schedule. Please note if you do not schedule a standing time with me, available times are first come, first serve.